the Summer Algebra Institute for Kids!
Announcement for Summer 2023
AUGUST 8, 2022:
• The 2022 SAI sessions this past July were great – seeing students finding out how much fun Algebra can be in SAI.
• This is not your parent’s Algebra class! This is hands-on Algebra – using color, shape, size, texture, math pieces, music, hands-on activities, and Games – with kids becoming eager and excited about doing math that make so much sense.
• In SAI, students hear the teacher repeating throughout the week, “Kids, say what you build, then write what you say.” SAI makes Algebra that easy – say what you build, write what you say.
Parents – we’ve been doing SAI since 1995 – some 4,000 students have attended SAI over the years – and we just flat-out know how to get kids turned on to math – using Algebra!
Our VERY tentative dates & times for summer 2023 – are:
• July 10-14, 8:30am – noon, for students entering grades 3&4 (fall 2023)
• July 17-21, 8:30am – noon, for students entering grades 5&6&7 (fall 2023)
Note well: please check this site during the school year for confirmed dates. Registration for 2023 will not open until February 2023. Enrollment is limited.
SAI’s math enrichment sessions in west Michigan for students in grade 3-4 and in grades 5-6 will be held in the Holland-Zeeland area for 2023. SAI is open to students from anywhere in the country but is especially convenient for students in west Michigan – Zeeland, Holland, Hudsonville, Hamilton, Grandville, Saugatuck, Fennville, Borculo, West Olive, and even the greater Grand Rapids metro area.
*** *** ***
• a half-day, week-long math enrichment program…
• using Algebra to turn kids ON to math, involving…
• color, shape, size, texture, music, movement, games, & hands-on activities…
• for students w/ a wide range of academic abilities (not just gifted/talented)…
• with some 4,000 students having attended SAI since our founding in 1995.
*** *** ***
• If you are interested in arranging special in-person SAI sessions for your own group of students in west Michigan or in the Twin Cities (Minnesota), contact one of our trained, experienced SAI teachers directly at:
• west Michigan/Holland-Zeeland-Grand Rapids: Bob Hazen: email@example.com
• St. Paul (Minnesota) area: Deanne Willman: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Lakeville (Minnesota) area: Heather: email@example.com
*** *** ***